Friday, July 19, 2013


So today marks exactly a month! I can't believe we have been out here that long! That blows my mind! We got new Hanguk Saram this week, which was way cool (Koreans from Korea). They are hilarious and really nice. So lets see what happened this week. Friday after I emailed we didn't really do much. We kinda just had a nice chill P-Day and got some letter writing and laundry done. So then Saturday our class with brother Wade was awesome. We had a talk about love. And that's what we are here to do. To love everyone and to invite everyone to come closer to Christ and that includes members and missionaries. But one of the scriptures he shared was 1 John 4:18-21. I would say that is up there among my favorite scriptures. I'll copy and paste it.18 There is no afear in blove; but perfect clove casteth out fear: because fear hath dtorment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.19 We alove him, because he first loved us. 20 If a man say, I love God, and ahateth his bbrother, he is a cliar: for he that loveth not his dbrother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not eseen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who aloveth God love his brother also. I'm not really sure why I love this so much, but I do. I think it is because it says fear is the opposite of love. When we love like Christ did, we want to talk to everyone, the people we sit next to on the subway, bus, or whatever, and invite them to come closer to Christ. And I've been thinking about that a lot this week. Yeah I just love it. :) Oh! We also talked about how love is a triangle. With us, others, and god on each of the points. And as we love God more, we love our fellow man more, and we also love ourselves more. He said we often forget about that last point, ourselves. We need to love ourselves as well, and I just thought that was really interesting.
 
Alright! So then Sunday our district got to pass, which was really cool. We pass like koreans with your left arm holding your elbow out of respect. You do it any time you shake someone's hand along with bowing. So that was really cool! Oh! We have been hanging out a lot with Elders Yang and Kang a lot. They are 2 elders from Korea who are going to New Jersey and California, Korean Speaking, but they have to learn english so they leave with the group that is ahead of us in two weeks. They are so funny. I just love Koreans. Like its bad haha Elder Williamson says I have yellow fever...its alright. But one thing that's weird to me is that they are all about respect so some of the more traditional Koreans, especially the older ones, they intiate everything. Like you don't shake your bishops hand unless they stick out their hand. And you never ever put your arm around them unless you are really good friends with them. And that's just me. Like I just put my arm around people, but that's alright, I'll get used to it. Ohh hahaha in Korea, guys hold hands with guys right. Kinda weird, but it's just the culture. Like Korean Missionaries will hold hands and its whatever. So last night I was talkin to the new Koreans and one of the hilarious guys Elder Lee, we are talkin and he like puts his hand in mine and I was kinda weirded out, but didn't want to make him feel bad so I just kinda acted like it was nothin and just had somethin to get me away. That's gonna be weird to see. Haha but the new Elders don't speak nearly as good of english as the last guys, so they are puttin my Korean to the test. I have started to write words on my hand so I can look and say them to em. :)
 
Ah monday night was good. The day was pretty much the same as always. Study, breakfast, study, gym, lunch, class, study, dinner, class, sleep. Every day. Anyway, Monday night we had a sauna in the shower. Hahaha it was so awesome. We did it because we all have had a cough and Elder Williamson has been pretty dang sick. So we put a sheet up and turned all the showers on all the way hot, and just sat in there. It was so awesome. I could actually breathe! Haha it rocked. Tuesday was the same pretty much. Here's your korean lesson for the week. So when you think about it, adjectives are verbs used to describe a noun. Kinda confusing. But in korean, it makes sense sort of. So the adjectives are verbs with a special ending, so you can have past, future, and present adjectives. boom. Mind blown. I don't even get it haha. But yeah! Yesterday we taught our best lesson yet! This will blow your mind as well. It was on the law of chastity. Heck yeah. Haha we taught her about it before, but we needed to talk more about it because she was living with her boyfriend and we didn't think we taught it too clearly. But it was good because we had it written all in english. Little to no Korean helps. And we did it. Seriously, so freakin awesome. Spirit was super strong, and she even said it was good. Then tuesday devotional was pretty good. The think that stuck out to me was when he said, "The worst feeling a missionary can feel is regret. We have two years to serve the Lord, and en eternity to think about it." Like dang. That is strong. I hope that I can look back on my mission and be able to say, I'm glad I did, rather than I wish I would have. Because that really would be the worst feeling ever. Who knows if the guy you're sitting next to is going to be your next baptism until you talk to em! So they have really drilled it into us to talk to every single person we see, which in Seoul Nam is a little difficult since there are a million people everywhere. But I hope I can do it. :) Oh oh oh! So you probably heard this by now, but Wednesday, I hosted and I got to host Jason Nebeker! It was so freakin cool to see him! Haha I hope I didn't overwhelm him and that he's doin good. But yeah it was so cool to see him and to be able to talk to someone I know! And Frosty comes in on Wednesday so we will see if I get to host him. I don't know if I will because like they don't let you just sit there and wait for the one person you want. But that would be so cool. Then yesterday we talked about baptism a lot and how we can't be afraid to ask people. Something that threw me off was that she said it was normal and that you should invite them to be baptised even on a street contact. Like first lesson, okay yeah that makes sense you want them to see your goal for them. It's no secret we are there to get them to join our church, that's obvious, we are missionaries. But the first time you talk to em?! I guess I could do that. :) Haha yeah that was my week. I don't really have any exciting news or pictures for you........But, remember what President McKay (I think...) said: Every member a missionary. I think I was too scared in high school to talk about it. Which is weird living in Utah. But I wish I wouldn't have been. You never know what kind of impact you cna have on someone's life. And if you do it out of love, and they can feel your love, even if they don't want to hear it, they will understand and want to be your friend. But yeah, I wish I wouldn't have been so scared in high school. Anyway. I love you guys and will try to write everyone back. It's just hard because we have a lot to do in this place. But I have dedicated like 3 hours today to letter writing. :)
 
Love,
Elder Breinholt
 
PS. Mother and Father. You never told me what you though about that Abraham thing. Also, no package this week. Kinda disappointed. Also, I don't think I want you to buy me new scriptures. I was thinking about it, and the ones I have now have a lot of really good scriptures highlighted and they are fine. Plus, if I really feel like I need them, I can buy them here for like 20% off. So I will let you know. :) Mom, spend more time with your mother. She wrote me and tells me she wishes you had less work so you could spend more time with her. I feel so bad! She's like 87 and is sending me money. She has sent me 30$ already! So spend more time with her. She is the woman who birthed you. ;)
 
Alynn: I love you. And am gonna write you back today. Also, start tonight. I expect a letter next week. 1 chapter a night and if you want we can bump it up because that will take a long time to read. But let's start slow with one chapter a night. Don't forget to pray before and actually try to learn. Because then, reading the scriptures is no different than reading like the hunger games. I love you cutie. :)
 
Jace: Trek sounded so fun haha. I will write you back today. :)
 
Kenah: I love you cutie. You're so awesome. Was girls camp so fun?! I'm gonna write you back today as welllll. Also, I love your letters. :) Everyone's letters really, so keep them all coming.
 
Janice and Stan: No letters from you. Thanks for the love, I'm sure your house is cute, and I miss you too!
 
Tater: Keep on keepin on. You're a cool pup.
 
Snappy: I hope they haven't put you in any sort of turtle stew yet. You're a cute turtle.
 
Package Sender: I would love some apple juice. Also, whatever goodies yuo want. Also, don't forget my abercrombie khaki chinos. Thanks, you're my favorite person.
 
Dear Elder writers: I haven't forgotten about your letters, I will try and write you back today.

No comments:

Post a Comment