Monday, December 2, 2013

DECEMBER 1, 2013


 So our week! Monday we went up to 수원 to hang out with some other missionaries. That was super fun! We played bang which was super awesome! haha I love that game. Oh we went shopping in the 역 there which was fun I guess haha Elder Atkin bought a korean book that I want to buy. Next time I see it I'm going to buy it. It's super good. Then we came home and couldn't have FHE because 박희정 was sick so it would have been pointless so we just walked around and talked to people which is always fun! haha
 
Tuesday we had zone conference in 수원 for a really long time! haha that was a good time. It was good to see president. He rocks. One thing that he said that I really liked was that when we say baptism, we mean bringing people joy and peace of mind. I love that because that's exactly what we do. :) So awesome! Then he said that we just need to lift where we stand and do the best we can. It doesn't matter how little or how much it is as long as its the best that we can. Oh! 문호빈 gave me his Korean/English PMG which is so awesome! It has the two pages of PMG in both languages back to back. Super awesome. And its mini. So that was really awesome! Then Elder Atkin had a leadership meeting so we just kinda chilled there until they were done. Then we went home! It takes a while to get home from there. Wednesday was awesome aas well. We went to the guy who speaks english like a hippie black guy its really hard to explain. But he's super funny. Anyways, we went and printed off some pictures. I made an awesome scripture case! It's for my book of mormon that i always carry around. So now I can carry one for longer without it getting ruined. I'll send a picture of it. Then that night at english class we had like 15 people there! It was awesome! There were a ton. There was a girl there who was 16 and had already graduated high school so she was studying to take a test to get into BYU. Super awesome. Super smart. Haha funny moment from it. One of the people was telling us her favorite subject and she was trying to say moral ethics, but no one could understand and all she was saying was moral so dennis said "Murder?!" Are you murderer?! It was super funy.
 
Thursday was so amazing! I love thanksgiving. :) We had pizza school for lunch, delicious. haha then we went to the church for our scripture study class so we just kinda talked to 박희정 and 이혜경 for a little. That was fun. I love them. Then we went down to the Humphrey's base for dinner with the Spillaines! We went with 6 other missionaries. Our area then two sisters from 수지 They are an awesome family. They are pretty young. Like I think they've been married for about 6 years and just havent had any kids. but they had 3 nonmembers there and 2 more members! That was so awesome! That's the definition of member missionary. They were all black to which was even cooler. Their names were Rick, Vince, and Montrice. Rick and Montrice are from america, but Vince is from some west african country. Super cool guy. Super nice. We actually had a really spiritual time. We were going around and talking about what we are grateful for like one thing, ya know, cuz it's thanksgiving. So when it was Rick's turn he said that he was grateful that we were there and that he was inspired by young people like us trying to make the world a better place. Then his friend, a member, brother Frasier told his conversion story and Rick was there listening and the spirit was super strong! Well at least I thought so. He really has a lot of potential to become a member. That would be so awesome. He is so cool! The food was really good too. Haha almost forgot all about that. Don't worry about me. :) I am eating good! Oh! I was playing montrice in chess and he beat me. Dang it. That was too bad. :( But overall a good thanksgiving!
 
Friday was good! I found a really cool scripture in 1 Nephi 18:16. Before this he is talking about all of this stuff that happens to him that gives him plenty of reason to be upset with his brothers and with God. But It says "Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions." So what I kinda took away from that was to never complain. God is in control and he knows what is best for us. Bear it well. :) Then we went to lunch at our favorite place! haha we go there so much. It was 유가네. Then Elder Atkin was sorta sick so we couldn't really do much and then we had dinner with 이태경! She is sean's fiancee if you remember him. She seemed a little down because Sean's gone, but it's alright. She's going to America soon so she'll be able to see him. But yeah! She's doin good! Then saturday we had another thanksgiving! It was awesome! We went over to the 조's right in 롯태게슬 where we live. Elder Pruner and Sanderson taught a lesson to their grandma who is a recent convert. So that was awesome. They did a really good job. They are so dang nice to us. They are such an awesome family. Then we went to David Kim's for dinner with him and his wife! They are so nice. I really like them a lot. I don't remember if I told you about him or not. but he studied in Oregon and Texas and lived in the states for a really long time so he's super good at english. Pretty awesome!
 
Then yesterday I gave a blessing! in Korean! At church this lady comes up to me and says "건강 축복 받을 수있을까요?" which means hey can you give me a blessing? And I of course was like heck yeah! Then she asked me to do it and I was like hmm. Maybe you can't. ;) Haha just kidding. In the pass off book there is a blessing for the sick and afflicted so that's what I read. I mean, it was the best I could do. Heavenly Father did help me to read it though. Like I read that thing speedy. So that was a really cool experience. My first blessing in Korean. :) Then after church we went home and studied which of course was good! Then we went to the church to meet an investigator but he didn't come. :( He punked us. He called us saturday night wanting to meet but didn't come so that was sad. But what can you do. And that was our week! How are you guys? It sounds like you had an awesome thanksgiving! Which is good! Dad, mom said that your turkey was delicious and that you did an amazing job making it! So good work! It sounds like all is well. :) I miss you and love you!
 
Love,
Elder Breinholt

No comments:

Post a Comment